How to Write a Great “About Us” Screen for Your App
Creating an app with bobile is the easy part, writing the content for your app requires a bit more attention.
Your “About Us” screen is your app’s first impression for your customers, therefore, you would like it to be interesting and “eye catching”.
You would need to include enough information about your app, yet still be short to the point.
We’ve collected some tips which will help you write an awesome “About Us” screen and gain more potential customers:
- Use Facts – Talk about your business or your service, how long you have been in business or for how long you are providing this service, who are your customers, where are you located, etc.
- Make It Personal- Show that there is a human behind the phone screen. Write about yourself, and while you are using facts, don’t make it robotic – make it conversational.
- Be Unforgettable – You want users to remember your screen from all the screens they read. For example: write why did you start your business or why did you decide to create this app, include a quote, your moto, or something inspirational.
- Keep It Short- Keep a length of 300-500 words.
- Show Your Added Value – If your app solves a problem, focus on the problem and how this problem can be solved with your service. In other words, what will the person gain from using your app? What is the “added value” that you provide?
- Know Your Audience – You know who your audience is and what they like. Talk to them. Make them understand that you are reachable through this app.
After following those tips, the last thing to do is to double check your content:
Ask an honest friend to read what you’ve wrote. By honest friend, we mean a friend who will tell you exactly what he thinks, as a potential customer.
After testing your screen content with people you know, ask a few people you don’t know to read it, and give you an opinion. Ask them if they would download your app after reading your “About Us” screen.
If needed, make changes according to their feedback.
Now that you’ve tested your content and got many feedback, you are ready to take your most important screen content from good, to impressive and great!